Cardamom Chai Waffles with Yoghurt and Biscoff
A delicious chai recipe for International Waffle Day.
- 250ml Aromatic Cardamom Chai
- 2 eggs separated
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 25g melted butter
- 1/4 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
(Optional: Blueberries, raspberries, plain yogurt, and crushed Biscoff biscuits)
- Preheat your oven to 120C/ 100C Fan/ Gas 1/2.
- Whisk egg whites in a bowl until they form stiff peaks.
- In a separate jug, mix the egg yolks with melted butter and 250ml of Aromatic Cardamom Chai.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour with the sugar and salt.
- Pour in the mix of egg yolk, butter, and Aromatic Cardamom Chai to the dry ingredients and mix well until there are no lumps.
- Fold the whisked egg whites gently into the mix.
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- Brush the waffle maker using a pastry brush and vegetable oil.
- Pour the mix into the waffle maker and spread out evenly.
- Cook the waffles for 2-3 minutes, depending on your waffle iron’s instructions.
- Remove from the waffle maker and keep warm in the preheated oven to keep crisp while you cook the rest of the waffles.
- Serve with your choice of toppings! We recommend serving your waffles with fresh berries and icing sugar, or with crushed Biscoff biscuits.
Chai it your way!