This chai bread is nice and moist and perfect for afternoon tea.
Flavoursome Masala Chai or Aromatic Cardamom Chai would work equally well.
- 3/4 cup Tuk Tuk Chai flavour of your choice
- 6 Tbsp of softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch cake tin or use baking paper
- Simmer the chai in a saucepan and remove from the heat
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth. Add the eggs and beat together until the mixture is light and fluffy; add in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and baking powder and the chai and blend the whole mixture
- Pour into the tin
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes
- Let the cake cool down and serve accompanied by a hot cup of chai